ACYR's Workforce Investment Act (WIA) programs are for young adults, ages 14-21 years of age, and whose families meet certain income guidelines. If you or your family meet these income guidelines, live in the City of Phoenix or in communities in western Maricopa County, and are experiencing circumstances that make it difficult for you to find and keep a job, you may be eligible for services that will:
- Help you explore and determine your career interests
- Help you graduate from high school or get your GED
- Help you enroll in college or occupational training
- Provide practical experience in your field of career interest
- Help you find a job
- Provide support during your first year of work or college
A second program funded by the Workforce Investment Act is designed to assist juvenile offenders. The same components apply: education, work skills and advanced training, post-secondary education, and supports. Additionally, the program seeks to address the barriers particular to juvenile offenders so they are able to continue their education and gain employment.
To ApplyClick here for an application
for WIA and call (602) 252-6721 ext. 201 for an interview (call (602) 252-6721 ext. 232 if you are interested in the program for juvenile offenders). You will need to bring the Following information
with you to the interview.
To learn more, please call (602) 252-6721 or e-mail us here